AT THE LAW CENTER
AT THE LAW CENTER
Information and Publications Division (IPD)
Since 1963, the UP Law Complex Information and Publications Division has been working towards making the law more accessible to students, law practitioners, government agencies and administrators, and discerning readers to fulfill its public service mandate. IPD collaborate with other UP Law Complex institutes in specialized focus areas to provide a holistic approach on scholastic works such as studies, monographs, research papers, articles. They make sure that there is cognizance on timely legal issues and partners with internationally recognized authors, respected Philippine legal experts, and top educators.
Some of the Publications’ notable programs are the following:
- Textbook Writing Project – As the division’s benchmark series, this offers law students affordable textbooks and reference materials from UP Law’s faculty. Resources available covers the core subjects in legal education, and offers in-depth analysis of the law in the local context. The ongoing project has released definitive volumes that have become indispensable for the study of Philippine law.
- Annual Bar Examination materials – A select group of experts and authorities in each Bar subject craft suggested answers to bar examination questions covering all subjects in the Bar examinations on a yearly basis. The finalized output is then transmitted to the Chairman of the Supreme Court Bar Examination Committee who then relays copies to the respective examiners.
Phone: (+632) 8 920 5514 loc. 219 or 221
Office of the National Administrative Register (ONAR)
The Office of the National Administrative Register manages the repository of all rules and regulations filed by the agencies of the Philippine government. This task was originally mandated to the UP Law Center in relation to Book VII, Chapter 2 of the Administrative Code of 1987 but was later only designated to ONAR by the UP Board of Regents
In line with their function as the central repository of all administrative rules and regulations, ONAR is mandated to do the following:
- Publish a quarterly bulletin setting forth the text of rules filed with it during the preceding quarter;
- Keep an up-to-date and permanent codification of all rules thus published and remaining in effect, together with a complete index and appropriate tables that is open to the public for inspection; and
- Furnish one free copy of each of every issue of the bulletin and of the codified rules or supplements to the Office of the President, Congress, all appellate courts, the National Library, and such other agencies that Congress may select
Only properly certified rules, regulations, and issuances adopted by government agencies within the definition provided for in the Administrative Code of 1987 are require to file with ONAR. Generally, those in scope will be general or of permanent character.
Phone: (+632) 8 920 5514 loc. 210 or 211
UP Law Center Training and Convention Division (TCD)
The UP Law Center Training and Convention Division spearheads the thrust of the Law Center for an empowered citizenry armed with strong legal consciousness and understanding for a just and humane society. Specifically, TCD pursues to upgrade the professional competence and public responsibility of the members of the Bar and Bench; further refine the skills of practicing lawyers; prepares Bar candidates for the Bar exam; and inform the public and members of the Bar legal academic circles of the recent developments in the different branches of law and allied disciplines.
TCD regularly organizes training and education programs, workshops, seminars, and conferences as part of the support services of the Law Center. Its current programs include the following:
- UP Law Bar Institute – An extensive course for all law graduates intending to take the Bar examinations conducted and handled by faculty members of the UP College of Law and other professional Bar reviewers.
- Popularizing the Law (POPLAW) Seminars – These seminars and symposiums are aimed and targeted to aid specific groups in their discharge of public functions effectively and efficiently.
- Barangay Legal Education Seminars (BLES) and BLES Echo Seminars – TCD provides continuing legal education program for barangay officials through the BLES Seminars and hopes to trickle the same knowledge of the law to other stakeholders and members of the community through the BLES Echo Seminars.
Phone: (+632) 8 920 5514 loc. 224 or 223; (+632) 8 929 7156
University of the Philippines Law Center, Bocobo Hall
Magsaysay Avenue, UP Diliman, Quezon City 1101
Phone: (+632) 8 920-5514
Fax: (+632) 8 925 5855; (+632) 8 929 7137; (+632) 8 929 7156; (+632) 8 929 5854; (+632) 434-9528
Office of the Associate Dean
Phone: (+632) 8 925 5855; (+632) 8 920 5514 loc. 313 or 314