ADMISSIONS FOR AY 2019-2020 IS NOW CLOSED. Kindly wait for further announcements on AY 2020-2021 or view the course FAQ.
Conditionally accepted applications are requested to prepare the following documents:
1. Official Transcript of Records (original copy from previous law degree);
2. Certificate of Graduation from previous law degree (JD/LLB);
3. Honorable Dismissal/Transfer Credential from previous law school – (Note: this requirement is not applicable to students who graduated from the University of the Philippines);
4. For Filipinos – original copy of Birth Certificate issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (or Report of Birth or Identification Certificate, for Filipino born abroad); Note – please make sure that you are submitting the original copy issued by the PSA in secure paper;
5. If married, original copy of the Marriage Certificate issued by the PSA;
6. Medical Certificate from University Health Service (see instructions and relevant forms below);
7. 2 copies of accomplished Student Directory Form (Download and print in A4-size paper);
8. 3 pcs. passport size photos;
9. If you are a student from a country other than the Philippines where the official language is not English, a copy of your IELTS/TOEFL scores or proof that your previous degree/s were taught in English.
Enrolling for Subjects
To begin your Program, we ask that you select and enroll in at least 12 units of the available course offerings for the first semester of the academic year. Of these courses, you are required to take the core courses entitled International Law from Multiple Perspectives (Law 240) and Introduction to ASEAN Law (Law 241), equivalent to five (5) units. You will therefore need to select the equivalent of at least seven (7) units of elective courses this coming first semester, and twelve (12) units in the second semester.
The schedules are also indicated for the courses; note that it is not evenly distributed and staggered; this is on account of the limited time in which the visiting international faculty will be able to deliver their modules. Their modules will be delivered in consecutive days for approximately three weeks in November in the current academic year; please keep you schedules clear for those weeks.
Since we are offering courses with visiting international faculty, and their availability is limited, you may attend their modules even if you are not enrolled in their courses for the first semester. Your time spent will be recorded and credited for the second semester.
The tuition fee is provisionally set at Fifteen Thousand Pesos (PHP 15,000.00) per unit, or at least Two Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Pesos (PHP 225,000.00) per semester, plus miscellaneous fees. Should you require financial assistance, partial subsidy, or scholarship to cover this amount, and indicated the intention to avail of scholarships in your application, please notify us through a letter together with justification and documentary proof of the need for such subsidy or scholarship.
Check payments should be in the form of Manager’s Checks addressed to the University of the Philippines. If you applied for a scholarship, you will be notified by a separate letter.
How to Secure Medical Clearance
1. The UP Health Service in Diliman is responsible for issuing medical clearances required prior to enlistment.
a. Location of the UP Health Service
c. Note – Please secure hard copy of your notice of admission from the Office of the Dean, UP College of Law, Malcolm Hall, UP Diliman. This is required by the UP Health Service.
2. Fill up the following forms (hard copy available in the UP Health Center):
It is recommended that students get their X-rays from outside clinics/diagnostic centers of your choice. Please secure soft copy of the X-ray for submission to the UP Health Service.
Registration for the LLM Program is usually scheduled in August at Malcolm Hall, UP Diliman Campus and at the UP Bonifacio Global City Campus, prior to the Orientation Session for the LL.M. Program.
For any further inquiries, please contact our office or send us an email at llm.upd[at]up.edu.ph.